Instead of a real, coherent blog this week, I'd like to share a few random thoughts.
1. I resist books when they are overly hyped, but most of the time, I end up jumping on the bandwagon full force. The Stieg Larsson phenomenon is no exception. I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. (Literally, five minutes ago.) All I can say is wow. If they had to break the last Harry Potter into two movies, how many will this story take? I'm resisting the urge to drive to the nearest bookseller and get the next one tonight.
2. How about those Gators? I'm so glad we finally made it to a Florida-Georgia game, with twelve solid hours of friends and fun.
3. The boys had a wonderful Halloween. Not only do they have all the candy they collected from the neighbors, but we also have five bags of candy left over. Now, to keep my hands out of the candy baskets. Anyone need a sugar fix?
4. I hope everyone voted this week. Voting is more than your right as an American; it's your responsibility. And now that the mid-term elections are over, is there any chance we can stop talking about politics for a while?
5. I'm excited to be a Nielsen family starting tomorrow!
Until next week...
Today's musical highlight: Local Natives, Gorilla Manor