Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween! I hope you are all safe and dry out there. The nature of the blog-o-sphere means we don't always know where our fellow readers and writers live, but I'm praying for everyone in the Northeast as they come through this nasty witch Sandy.

In honor of Halloween today, YA Highway's RTW asks: What is your favorite scary book or movie?

I'm not a big scary movie fan, but I do enjoy a scary read. Up until last  year, I would have listed something from Stephen King as my favorite scary book. I always turn to the master when I'm looking for some bone-chilling. But last October Neil Gaiman pushed his way to the top with The Graveyard Book.
The picture is from Amazon, and if you're looking for some scary pages to read for Halloween, I beg you to click on the link and read the first chapter that Amazon has available. Not convinced yet? Here's the opening line:

There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife.

Chills! The Graveyard Book is classified as middle grades, but I would say it's for anyone over the age of 8. Gaiman is a genius with both character and suspense. How about you? What is your favorite scary book?

Music for today: Internet Killed the Video Star by The Limousines (If you dig zombies, check out the video. :)

1 comment:

  1. The Graveyard Book is one of my favorites on audio, too. We took it on a road trip to Utah and it was utterly engrossing for those long strips of sameness along the highway.

    ReplyDelete