Friday, December 30, 2011







Welcome to the last day of the 2011 YA superlative blogfest, hosted by Katy Upperman, Jessica Love, Tracey Neithercott, and Alison Miller. This has been so much fun, and I've added way too many books to my to-be-read list for 2012. Today we chose Best in Show:













Favorite Cover:


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. This is really saying something, because I haven’t read this book yet, but after reading all the other blogs and seeing this beautiful cover so many times, I had to pick it. Beautiful.


Cutest Couple:

Lola and Cricket


Most Likely to Make You Miss Your Bedtime AND Breakout Novel of the Year:



Divergent. This was my first e-book, and I broke down to buy it because I started with the online sample and didn’t want to go to the store to buy it. I read the entire book in 24 hours, and that includes the time it took me to download the Kindle app and the book.


Best Repeat Performance AND Sleeper Hit:

Red Glove. Most of the books I read this year were well publicized, but I heard about White Cat through word of mouth. I picked it up and when I finished, I ran to the store to get Red Glove. I couldn't believe I'd overlooked this series before. Holly Black is a genius.


Romance Most Worthy of an Ice Bath:


Juliette and Adam from Shatter Me. Steamiest scenes I’ve read in YA in a while!


Pair Most Likely to Stay Best Friends Till They’re 80:


I’m kind of cheating with another couple, but I pick Puck and Sean from The Scorpio Races.



Best Old-Timer (Your favorite read of the year, published BEFORE 2011.)



Super tough choice, but I have to go with The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. That man is a genius.



Most Creative Use of a Love Triangle:


Clockwork Prince. I had two other books tied for this one until last night, but I made it to a certain point in Clockwork Prince last night, and I have to say, Tessa really has an impossible choice between Will and Jem. Also a runner-up for the ice-bath pick!



*My own category: Best Book written by a person I’ve met in Real Life:



After by Kristin Harmel. I've met many amazing writers online, but I feel so lucky to have met Kristin at a writing conference this year.




Wow! 2011 is almost over, and what a fun way to look back. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. I went with SHATTER ME too for the romance category. Holy cow, that scene in the shower? Yeah, steamy.

    I agree about The Clockwork Prince. While reading it I had a really hard time deciding who I wanted her with. I love Will, especially since we're seeing more of why he is the way he is. But Jem's so sweet. And that's all I'll say about that since you haven't finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I forgot how steamy Shatter Me was until I read your choice. I kinda want to go back and change my answers now. ;-)

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome extra category!!! I would say mine is Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver-she was über cool & that book is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! What an awesome category. I'll go with The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. It's not YA, but I LOVE his stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Shatter Me and some other books you have listed there :-)

    I had the same choice in the Best Friends category. I think that Sean & Puck will actually still be best friends and lovers and soulmates in 50, 80 years from now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun category! Best Book written by a person I’ve Met in Real Life: I'll go with Legend by Marie Lu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree about Sean and Puck being friends until they're both old and gray. :) And yeah, Shatter Me. Goodness, those scenes.

    You know, I never thought of Holly Black's Curseworkers books as sleeper hits because Holly Black is one of the bigger names in YA. But now that I think about it, it's kind of true. I heard about the series through word of mouth too. Fun reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so jealous of your choices! I love that I'm connecting with authors online, but it just feels special to actually meet and talk to someone in person. Thank you guys for putting this all together! @Krispy -- I knew Holly Black's name before, but I had never read her before this year. I couldn't believe how I was missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it wrong that I want to read SHATTER ME even more now that I know how steamy it is? :) And the cover of AFTER is adorable, by the way.

    Best book by a person I've met in real-life? Probably THE BODY FINDER and DESIRES OF THE DEAD by Kimberly Derting. Love her books, and she's delightful!

    ReplyDelete